The holidays are over, but winter festivities in Detroit are just getting started! For its 15th year, Quicken Loans Winter Blast Weekend presented by Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort will make its way to Campus Martius and Cadillac Square – providing three days of fun and excitement.
During the weekend of February 7-9, 2020, head downtown for free ice skating, zip-line rides, ski and snowboard lessons, two stages of live music, and a food truck rally featuring local favorites from Metro Detroit. Admission to Winter Blast is free, so bring your friends and family to enjoy this winter wonderland!
Winter Blast Weekend Hours
Friday, Feb. 7: 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 8: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 9: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
· Free ice skating is available all weekend at the rink in Campus Martius. If you don’t have skates, rentals are only $5.
· Precisely crafted and illuminated ice sculptures will be on display. There’s also an opportunity to watch carving demonstrations and see how the artists create their frozen masterpieces.
· Local musicians will be performing on two stages. Visit winterblast.com for the complete lineup.
Food Truck Rally
· From chicken to gyros to lobster to Mexican, a wide mix of food options will be on hand to calm your every craving.
· Starting at $3, s’more kits are available for purchase, so you can warm up with your favorite campfire classic.
Learn to Ski and Snowboard Experience
· Mt. Brighton Ski and Ride School instructors will present a ski/snowboard lesson as well as the opportunity to ride down a beginner-level slope.
Special Olympics Polar Plunge
· For a good cause, you can brave the cold and plunge into a pool of freezing water. Register here.
TCF Bank Family Fun
· Enjoy rotating activity stations in Cadillac Lodge from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
· Take a ride down a 30-foot-high, enclosed slide for a fun way to make the most of the winter.
Zip line rides
· Thrill-seekers can see the city from 300 feet in the air on a zip line.
Visit winterblast.com for more details. We’ll see you downtown!